With the recent restart of Australia’s Rugby League the NRL has also launched its official service for Amazon Alexa.
With the launch of this new service NRL fans can ask their Alexa device such things as;
- “Alexa, ask NRL to listen live”
- “Alexa, ask NRL for the draw”
- “Alexa, ask NRL what’s the latest news?”
- “Alexa, ask NRL who’s in the top eight?”
- “Alexa, ask NRL what are the latest results?”
- “Alexa, ask NRL to set my favourite club”
- “Alexa, ask NRL to set up match reminders”
While major sports news, results and fixtures have been available on Alexa (and Google) for some time this is the first official NRL-branded service (or skill in the Amazon lexicon) to be integrated into the Big A’s voice platform.
It’s a nice step in the right direction and let’s face it, sports need to do everything to find all the different ways fans integrate with their sport without being able to attend matches or congregate in large groups. A tough challenge and a new opportunity for major organisations to newly define their sport.